OPI Germany:The Cremes - swatches

11:41 PM

Hello!

OPI leads us to Germany this fall with its gorgeous Germany collection. This collection was inspired by the classical elegance as well as the avant-gardism of Berlin, the capital city of Germany. I decided to present you first the 6 cremes and then the 6 "rich jewel tones", very deep and shiny hues, that compose this collection.



My Very First Knockwurst ...and what  a magical rosy rendezvous it was!
My Very First Knockwurst is a light dusty pink shade. As you will see, all polishes from this collection have an awesome formula! There are some 1 coaters and the others only need 2 coats for a perfect even and opaque look. And application is super easy for all of them. Here I used 2 coats. At the moment, I am really into soft shades and this one is just perfect! I love the muted and slightly dusty look it bears with a hint of grey and mauve in its base.





Berlin There Done That ...A traveling taupe that's seen it all (Yep, that too).
Berlin There Done That is now my new favorite taupe! It's lighter than You Don't Know Jacques (you can see a great comparison here) and seems to have also grey in it. It's a very flattering shade. The formula on this polish was the thinnest of the whole collection, slightly watery but still very easy to apply. I used 2 coats. I thought it might be similar to Essie Chinchilly but no, no dupe. Berlin There Done That has more brown/taupe in its base while Chinchilly is more grey.







Schnapps Out of It! ...Shake off the blues with a shot of fall's must-have mauve!
Schnapps Out of It! is a dusty rosy brick shade with a hint of salmon and a very fine silver shimmer. This shimmer is not very visible unless you stand in full sun or if you hold your hands under a light. Schnapps Out of It! win the prize of the polish with the best application ever! It's a very pigmented polish that requires only one coat (yes, you are looking at only one coat of polish) and thanks to OPI wide brush, I only needed to pass the brush once on each nails. I know some people find this kind of shades a bit boring but I like it a lot because that's a classic shade you can wear for any occasion and you will still look elegant! If you are wondering, it's darker than OPI Gouda Gouda Two Shoes.







Don't Pretzel My Buttons ...A haute honey-beige that can always make you smile.
Don't Pretzel My Buttons is a beige creme with a slightly pink undertone. It reminds me of fundation creme! It applied like butter, is very cremy and opaque. It's almost a one coater but I did 2 here. I have a funny idea of manicure with it!





Don't Talk Bach To Me ...There's nothing mellow about this sassy lime-yellow!
Don't Talk Bach To Me is a the outsider from the 6 shades I presented here. I'm always on the fence with this kind of shades because I tried a lime polish a long time ago and it looked aweful on me. However, I was agreeably surprised to see it looks great on me! It's probably due to the fact that it's rather muted and dusted and not so harsh looking. It's a mustard hue with a very fine silver shimmer. Awww...in fact, I think I'm in love with this polish. I'm pretty sure I will wear it a lot. I used 2 coats.






Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine! ...A bodacious black-olive? We say "Ja! Ja! Ja!".
Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine! was presented as the new black of the season. It's in fact a very dark olive hue. Just gorgeous! It's the last polish I swatched for this first session so I kept it for one day on my nails and I must admit I kept looking at it. It's very mysterious and fashionable! Application was also great and I used 2 coats here. In real life, it looks more olive than in these pictures. I should reswatch it in the sun, I guess.






I leave you with a summary of the different shades!


That's it for the 6 cremes from OPI Germany collection! I hope you like them.
In my next post, I will show you the 6 "rich jewel tones", which have a very deep and glow-from-within look. They are "wilder", if I can say it like that, and completely different from the 6 polishes I showed you here. So I am looking forward to showing them!

Purchase info:
OPI polishes can be purchased in professional nail salons, certains pharmacies, and beauty supplies.
For Switzerland, you can search for licensed retailers here.
Germany Collection by OPI will be available August 13rd, 2012 in Switzerland.

*Product(s) in this post was(were) provided by the company for my honest review*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe